Here is a meat loaf recipe I ‘borrowed’ from Jenny Jones. I just love her Jenny Can Cook YouTube channel because she is so great at mixing humor with her passion for food. And she makes things easy understand, so almost anyone (like me) can crank out meals that make you wanna lick your fingers. And the bowl.
This recipe is easy to follow and most ingredients you will probably already have on your shelf or in the refrigerator. So, let’s go!
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean grass fed ground beef or bison
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup of (all) finely chopped carrots, fresh parsley, green pepper, red pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper
- Large baking sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Small skillet
- Instant read thermometer
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Pour a teaspoon of olive oil into small skillet and saute onions, garlic and thyme until slightly brown. When done, set aside to cool and turn off the burner.
3. Into a large mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients: quick oats, milk, carrots, parsley, peppers, ketchup, egg, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix (gently) together. Then fold in the onions, garlic, and thyme you sauteed earlier into the meat.
5. Place the meat on the foil-lined cooking sheet and shape into a loaf approximately 5″ x 9″.
6. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour. It will be done when the thermometer reads 160F.
7. Let it rest for about 10 minutes and it is ready serve.
Thanks Jenny for a great meatloaf recipe!